I grew up in West Philly, eldest of five. Rich in education, not in cash, my parents instilled in me these five values. They are my true-north, and direct my story.
1. Know who you are.
2. Act accordingly
3. Keep learning
4. Back off, but never down on something that matters.
5. Give thanks and give back
What I do: I’m a maker, first and foremost. I connect the dots and bring them to life. I shift narratives, mobilize on and off-line communities, and build brands. Corporate tile? Brand Director. Life title? Philly born maker.
1. Immigrant Salsa (Co-founder. Brooklyn-built, super-fresh, small-batch salsas with Chef Eliseo Gonzaga of Puebla, MX. Because #weallbelong). Available at Stinky Bklyn.
2. Jolie Cantina (Co-founder, NYC’s first and only French-Mexican-American bistro. Family owned and operated since 2011.)
3. Girl Game Changer (Founder. Start-up tasked with connecting communities of cultural change agents).
4. DarkMother Productions (Agile content creator & talent lab).
- #EndMoneyBail – Explainer video about the harsh money bail industry via @ColorOfChange with AnyDayCollective.
- #StopGeo – Explainer video about the creators of the crushing private prison industry via @ColorOfChange with AnyDayCollective.
- School Lunch Warriors – Branded video content featuring picky GenZ eaters and judging their last-minute lunches made by pressured GenX adults.
Time to challenge your tastebuds! We asked adults to make the best school lunch for a panel of kid judges. Whose lunch won them over the most?
Posted by SheKnows on Tuesday, September 6, 2016
5. Speaker. Looking for a speaker or presenter speaks across topics, ages, careers, stations of life and connects to the heart of the ask? Book me.
If any part of my journey resonates with you, that’s what’s up. If it doesn’t, the good thing is there’s a whole world of amazing people to meet besides me. Either way, it’s been real!